Induction of Employees and Volunteers
We provide an induction for all employees and volunteers in order to fully brief them about the setting, the families we serve, our policies and procedures, curriculum and daily practice.
- We have a written induction plan for all new staff, which includes the following:
- Introductions to all employees and volunteers.
- Familiarisation with the building, health and safety, and fire and evacuation procedures.
- Ensuring our policies and procedures are read and adhered to.
- Introduction to the parents, especially parents of allocated key children where appropriate.
- Familiarisation with confidential information in relation to any key children where applicable.
- Details of the tasks and daily routines to be completed.
- The induction period lasts at least two weeks. The manager inducts new employees and volunteers. A member of the senior management team inducts new managers.
- During the induction period, the individual must demonstrate understanding of and compliance with policies, procedures, tasks and routines.
- Successful completion of the induction forms part of the probationary period.
- Following induction, we continue to support our staff to deliver high quality performance through regular supervision of their work.
|This policy was adopted by||Little Speckled Frogs Ltd|
|On||17th August 2019|
|Date to be reviewed||16th August 2020|
|Signed on behalf of the provider|
|Name of signatory||Neisha White|
|Role of signatory (e.g. chair, director or owner)||owner|
Other useful Pre-school Learning Alliance publications
- Employee Handbook (2012)
- Recruiting and Managing Employees (2011)