Maintaining Children’s Safety and Security on Premises
We maintain the highest possible security of our premises to ensure that each child is safely cared for during their time with us.
Children’s personal safety
- We ensure all employed staff have been checked for criminal records via an enhanced disclosure with children’s barred list check through the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- Adults do not normally supervise children on their own.
- All children are supervised by adults at all times.
- Whenever children are on the premises at least two adults are present.
- We carry out risk assessments to ensure children are not made vulnerable within any part of our premises, nor by any activity.
- Systems are in place for the safe arrival and departure of children.
- The times of the children’s arrivals and departures are recorded.
- The arrival and departure times of adults – staff, volunteers and visitors – are recorded.
- Our systems prevent unauthorised access to our premises.
- Our systems prevent children from leaving our premises unnoticed.
- Our staff check the identity of any person who is not known before they enter the premises.
- We keep front doors and gates locked shut at all times. Back doors are kept locked shut at all times.
- We have installed entry phones and ‘CCTV’ at the main entrance door.
- The personal possessions of staff and volunteers are securely stored during sessions.
- Minimal petty cash is kept on the premises.
|This policy was adopted by||Little Speckled Frogs Ltd|
|On||17th August 2019|
|Date to be reviewed||16th August 2020|
|Signed on behalf of the provider|
|Name of signatory||Neisha White|
|Role of signatory (e.g. chair, director or owner)||Owner|
Other useful Pre-school Learning Alliance publications
- Managing Risk (2009)